The craft and bazaar season is approaching quick, and are you ready, I mean really ready to kick start the holiday season? I have a little less then a month before the ValleyFest here in Spokane, and I am starting to feel the pinch. Some of my displays need updating, and then I am starting to realize I do not have enough price tags. This time of year can be a little overwhelming for crafters, so to help alleviate some of the stress I have come up with my own craft fair “checklist”.
1. Do you have enough displays? Enough Jewelry Holders? Enough rocks to lay jewelry on?
2. Do you have enough price tags for all your work?
3. Do you know what you are required to bring and what they will provide for you? You don’t want to show up without a table and find out they don’t have one for you.
4. Do you have all your handouts? Business cards? Promotions? Are they in order and ready to give out?
5. Do you have enough storage room to transport all your crafts (and safely)?
6. If you are planning on doing custom pieces do you have all your equipment and best beads?
7. Are you really prepared to answer questions about your work? Do you know the pieces and the kind of beads you use? (You would be surprised how many people put together a piece because the beads are pretty, but they don’t know whats in them.)
Craft fairs can be so much fun, but stressful if you aren’t prepared. Put together a smile, organization, and some hard work and you will have fun and successful show!